This is a follow-up to my earlier post Free / Reduced Price LPI Exams at LinuxWorld Expo in London.
I’ve since been contacted by Glenn McKnight from LPI who has given details of the new Level 3 exams which are going to be available at the LinuxWorld Expo.
The new Level Three exams at Linux World London which are free of charge with the following conditions.
- The exams will run longer than usual exams because there will be many more items. Expect each exam to be on the order of 3 hours.
- The exams will be free. However, it will take a month or two for you to get your final results.
- A particular event will not occur if there are not enough qualified candidates to warrant the exam lab.
- More events will be added as LPI affiliates confirm that they can hold an event locally.
- Seating is limited
- If there is too much demand, we will seat LPIC-2 holders preferentially.
A brief description of the Exam
During a period of consultation with some of LPI’s partners, community members and Advisory Committees it became evident that two technology areas have a strong need for skills verification. These are the areas of authentication and file sharing services. More specifically:
- linux in a mission critical and mixed environment
- Advanced topics: capacity planning, troubleshooting, core network services
- authentication and naming
- network file/print services
The main technology focus of the first LPIC-3 exams will LDAP and Samba services. However, related and/or competing technologies will be examined.