This is our latest craft picture with the kids. This is a giant wall picture that is mounted on the wall in our hallway.
The hedgehog was made on A3 sized coloured paper marked with a permanent marker. Coloured tissue paper was cut into small pieces and glued onto the paper. The hedgehog was then cut out and glued onto the background paper mounted on the wall.
In a previous autumn picture we collected leaves from various parks. This time all the leaves came from a little closer to home. Horse chestnut leaves from the tree in the pavement outside our house, the pear and cherry leaves from our back garden and the oak leaves from near our son’s nursery school.
The word at the top were printed out as outline letters using OpenOffice.org. The font used is Liberation Sans Bold 480pt which my daughter created using her Qimo (Linux) based laptop. They were then coloured in using coloured crayons before cutting out and sticking onto the background. Download the sample OpenOffice.org document file here. If you don’t have OpenOffice.org – download it free from here.
The kids really enjoyed making the picture and were very proud about showing it off taking a photo in to school and nursery.
Other crafts with kids
- Pictures to print and colour
- Crafts with kids: Summer wall picture – under the sea
- Crafts with kids: Spring / Easter wall picture
- Crafts with kids: Winter wall picture
- Crafts with Kids: Autumn wall picture
- Crafts with children: Summer Picture – Seaside, sandcastles and shells
- Crafts with Children: Large Springtime picture – bunny rabbits and butterflies
- Crafts with Kids: Large Christmas snow scene
- Book Review: The Christmas Book, crafts (decorations and gifts) and cooking for children and adults
- Baking with Children – Gingerbread biscuits (cookies).